Monday, April 13, 2020

My Movements

I prance through puddles with delight.
If my feet get wet because there are holes in my shoes, I chuckle
at nature's opportunity to get one over on man.
Though it's truly me getting one over on myself for not mending my old shoes.

I walk in grass without shoes, without socks.
My skin being poked, tickled, caressed by blades of grass and petals of flowers emerging from the weeds.
This is the cheapest therapy, even when I have to pluck burrs from my feet at the end of the day.

With headphones pressed firmly into my ear canals, I listen to music at irresponsibly loud levels.
It won't matter the genre, you hear more that way.
I want to hear Nancy Wilson as her fingers roam the strings of her guitar.

As often and as loudly as I am able, I laugh.
To some, it may be too loud and too often.
You may say "there's a time and a place", but my time is life and my place is here.
Take no offense for I'm more often than not laughing at myself.
I'm the greatest audience of one.

Throwing all cares and caution to the wind, I love immediately.
I can tell you need it. I know I need it. I have it to spare.
I love hard and I care until it hurts to carry on doing it.
I'll listen undistracted, hoping you might someday return the favor.
If you don't, has anything been lost?

I love being lazy more than most anything.

To me, comfort food is a very broad term.

No comments:

Post a Comment